Friday, February 27, 2009

Don't Let This Happen To You!

Close your eyes and imagine for second, that you are on your way home, getting ready to turn into your driveway. You vaguely notice but do not acknowledge two human like shadows in the distance, so you do not concern yourself with it.

You are now safely in your open garage, or so you think. Suddenly those two shadows you saw in the distance are right behind you and intent on doing you harm! To make a long story short, this man was beaten severely before he was able to get to his firearm and ward off the rest of the attack.

A similar event like this took place in a very affluent area of Scottsdale all because the man thought something like that would never take place in an area like this.

There are some people out there with this false believe that incidents like this will not happen to them. Well you would be well advised to think twice about that! As it's usually a matter of "when" and not" if."

Some are lucky and no harm will come their way, however, I would rather you be prepared and not have to fight back than not prepared at all and not know what to do if something goes down.

But I digress.

What would you have done differently about the event described above. I'm looking for some dialogue here. What do you have to say!

1 comment:

Lupe said...

Hi all, I am very careful when getting into my vehicle especially when I am home! For one thing I don't open the garage until I have my son strapped and all items in the vehicle as well as our doors closed. Second, if I need to open the garage door first to access the back of my vehicle, I will always have my keys in my hand in case I need to press the panic button. A good scream works too. When shopping I always look into my car first to make sure no one snuck in. Any one have any other ideas?