Sunday, March 1, 2009

Are You Up For the Challenge

Hello all and thank you for being here! I must say, I am just happy to be alive.

So I had this idea come to me from above and I am thankful for that, so let me share it with you. It's called the "Do Something" Challenge! What the heck is that you may ask? Well I will tell you all about it.
At first I thought this has nothing to do with self defense, but then I realized, this has much to do with self defense. If you are fit, you are more prepared to defend yourself! But I digress... So here is goes.
My wife and I are into staying active whether it be walking, running, biking, or what have you. However, some days we just don't feel like it. So when that happens, I think to myself I have to do something! Then I will drop and give myself ten or 20 push-ups before I go to bed. Or when I rise in the morning, I'll do some single leg squats to get the blood flowing. I find that "doing something" leads to getting my momentum back and then I'm right back on the road to my ideal me.
Do you get my drift here? It's all about your personal momentum, which leads to better habits, which leads to a better you!
So here is my challenge to you. When you are feeling like you just don't want to take that walk, or lift those weights, or jog your neighborhood, I want you to DO SOMETHING, then report to someone what you did! My vision for this is for you to check in with me but it does not matter if you do it with me or not, just do it with someone. I would love for you all to check with me and tell me your progress however.
For example, my wife will drop and give herself 20 push-ups or squats and report to me what she did. This is in addition to her normal fitness routine. So this is how this is going to work. Make a decision to do something like some lunges at work, or curls while watching TV, shoot hoops instead of watching TV... JUST DO SOMETHING. Then tell me about it. You can check in with me here on the blog, or follow me on Twitter or look for me on Facebook and tell me about your progress.
Today is the first and this is the first day of a new week. This will go on for four weeks so let's see how we feel on the 29th of this month shall we? I want you to tell me how much more you can do or how much better you feel at the end of this challenge. Are you up for the challenge? I am doing this with you because I'm on my way to shedding 10 pounds so I will go first.
Today, I did 10 rounds of boxing at three minutes per round and resting 30 seconds between rounds.

I posted my picture with my serious look for one reason. If you are serious about changing your habits, I am serious about helping in any way that I can, so take me up on the challenge. Or sign up for the Fun-Fit Bootcamp if you need an extra push.

What will you do today?

No comments: