Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Because I Care

So let me ask you something, and I want you to be completely honest with me. What is your normal mode of operation? I mean, as you go about your day, how do you do it? Are you the type of person that gets on the phone when you get off work, looking down at your phone oblivious to what's going on around you? Or as you arrived to work, do you just get out of the car without taking inventory of what's taking place just outside your car door?

I am asking these questions because I care about your safety. After all that is what we do, but this is bigger than me. My hope is that after reading this post, you will take notice of what you are doing on a minute by minute basis. A criminal only needs a second of opportunity to take advantage of you! It our job to ensure your readiness when something happens.


So your homework is three part, should you decide to do it. First, is to be honest with yourself and see if you need to do a better job of doing the simple things like scanning your environment, or staying off the phone and keeping your keys at the ready in case you need to use them for defense. Perhaps you should invest in a Kubaton. I say that sarcastically because they only cost slightly more than your fancy coffee.

Secondly, please be sure to pass this valuable information to someone else that needs it, and do not subscribe to the notion that things like this will never happen to you.

Finally, leave me a comment and let me know if I'm missing something here, because we need to know how we can improve.

Bottom line... we want you to stay safe and we are here to help.

No comments: